Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Citrix Summit 2015

2015, a new year and time to get in shape! I'm not talking about the gym and doing who knows how many reps of burpees (an evil vomit inducing exercise). No, I'm talking about building up technical skills, shedding those unwanted legacy solutions, and gaining the business strength and endurance we all want at Citrix Summit 2015. For those of you who don't know, Citrix Summit is an event for Citrix Partners to grow their technical skills, businesses, and have fun (this year it is in Vegas!).

 The event really starts on Monday 1/12/15 (Citrix lists 1/13/15 as the start date) and ends on Wednesday afternoon with a partner appreciation party which is always fun. There are lots to choose from, from sales, business and various technical tracks.

 Monday is really "on your own" day. They have self paced labs and other stuff. Not much to mention here, but definitely worth attending. Tuesday starts off with the Vision Keynote delivered by the ever so great Citrix leader CEO Mark Templeton and the VP of Sales Al Monserrat. After an always great keynote, they will let us loose to find our way in the web of sessions. I always find it hard to choose what sessions I want to attend. But, I do have a backup plan, well several. One, my colleague Brian McCarty is attending as well, so hopefully what I don't have a chance to see he will get the info and hopefully give me a brain dump. Two, Citrix usually posts some of the sessions on line later on. 

Wednesday kicks off with another keynote, Tech Talks Keynote delivered by Tom Flink (Vice President, Worldwide Channels and Market Development Citrix), Jess Lipson (Vice President & General Manager, Documents Cloud Citrix), Sunil Potti (Vice President and General Manager, NetScaler Product Group Citrix), Dan McCall (Vice President, Product Management and Product Marketing, Client Virtualization Citrix), and Brian Dye (Vice President and General Manager, Mobile Platforms Group Citrix). Once again, we are let loose to pick and choose our own sessions. There are a couple of session on this day, that I am especially looking forward to attend.

 All in all, it look like a great event that I am excited to attend. Check back soon, because I plan on sharing what I learn (minus any NDA stuff). You can follow me on twitter during this event as well (https://twitter.com/chris_keim).

Sources:
 Citrix. Citrix Summit [Web Page]. Retreived from http://www.citrixsummit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment