But, I still had a server that was not working and I did not know why. No matter what, I could not connect via iSCSI to the SAN. We had a CIFS share on the SAN and that server could connect just fine. After some digging, I finally found the issue. XenServer was set to use CHAP on discovery and for some reason my SAN did not like that and would refuse the connection giving me the error "Initiator error (02/01)". I checked this setting on the XenServer that was functional and sure enough, that XenServer was not set to use CHAP on discovery. So all I have to do now is disable CHAP during discovery, easy enough:
- SSH or use the console to log into the problematic XenServer
- Go to the local command shell of the problematic XenServer
- Navigate to the following director: /etc/iscsi/send_targets/[SAN IP, Port]
- Open the st_config file located underneath your target directory
- Add the following line: discovery.sendtargets.auth.authmethod = None
- Remove the following line: discovery.sendtargets.auth.username = [username]
- Remove the following line: discovery.sendtargets.auth.password = [password]
- Save the file
- Verify the problem has been resolved
- To make this change permanent, modify the following file with step # 5: /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf
Let me know your comments, questions, or criticisms.
Ok.. nice hint..
ReplyDeleteBut after a reboot of the xen-server you will get into same trouble again, because the send_target-file will be overwritten with some default stuff.
Check this link for editing the default-values:
http://forums.citrix.com/message.jspa?messageID=1016953
Greets,
SpeedCracker
Correct, to make this change permanent, you want to modify the /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf.
ReplyDeletethank you I had the same probelm with XenServer v6.02 and v6.1
ReplyDeleteAnd 6.2 as well....
ReplyDeletewhat do you do when trying to install xenserver 6+ (6.2 in this case) on ISCSI? You don't have any director: /etc/iscsi/send_targets/[SAN IP, Port]
ReplyDeleteI managed to make it see the disk but it cannot connect.
What HBA's are you using?
ReplyDelete